Friday, April 24, 2009

Daggers!

I've read a lot of reviews on the RPG blogs about the new show Krod Mandoon and the Flaming Sword of Fire, so I thought I'd throw in my review.

In the immortal words of Jacques the shrimp from Finding Nemo:

"I am ashamed."

I can't help it. I can't stop watching it.

Part of its appeal for me is that it is making fun of the RPG genre, much like The Office makes fun of working in a corporate environment (which also hits too close to home).

The other thing I really like about the show is the villain, Chancellor Dongalor, who is kind of like a poor man's Austin Powers. I don't know why, but he always cracks me up. The banter between the Chancellor and Barnabus, his advisor, are usually the best parts of the show.

I could do without the never ending sexual innuendos (a handful per episode would be plenty), but that is offset by the very sexy Aneka.

Krod Mandoon is one of those shows for me where I don't really laugh out loud when I watch it, but I find myself snickering inside hours afterwards while the show sticks in my head like a bad radio song.

And, now I have a new swear word that I can use around my kids..."Daggers!"

No comments:

Post a Comment